httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Symlinks & Content negotiation...
Date Sun, 20 Aug 1995 13:50:38 GMT
The Apache bugs page sez:

6.Symbolic filesystem links don't work properly with MultiViews
    content negotiation enabled.  I.e., if you have a DocumentRoot of
    /www/docs with /www really being a symlink to /export/www/docs,
    content negotiation will not work.

I tried duplicating this (making a symlink to DocumentRoot, and
changing the DocumentRoot directive in srm.conf to point to the
symlink).  Sure enough, MultiViews doesn't work.

However, if I then adjust the corresponding <Directory> entry in
access.conf so that it names the symlink, rather than the name of the
physical directory, then it works again --- the problem I see is
simply that it isn't seeing the Options directive that applies to
DocumentRoot if you get there by a different path.

(FWIW, the test item for these was my MultiViews content-negotiated
index.html).

Any more details?

rst