httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject *Revised* 0.8.10 on hyperreal...
Date Fri, 18 Aug 1995 10:24:54 GMT
This one has the patch given in my previous note; as a consequence,
it takes restarts gracefully, rather than going into a useless loop in
which it madly forks children which immediately die (when compiled with
the locking code enabled).

rst

PS --- so there's no confusion about why I chose the fix I chose to
   this problem, tying the lock-token file to the pool machinery really
   is a good idea --- it ensures that the file will be closed before
   exec-ing untrusted child processes (CGI, etc.), which means that they
   can't drag the server to a halt by locking it themselves.  You just
   have to be aware that when the pool gets cleared, the thing is gone...