httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: New beta --- another try...
Date Thu, 17 Aug 1995 21:25:24 GMT
   Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 09:32:05 +48000
   From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>

   I thought we agreed that 0.8.x's would be *bugfixes*, 0.9 would be a
   batch of new features (with 0.9.x bugfixes), and finally Apache 1.0 at
   some point.

A note on nomenclature...

I've gotten the suggestion, from someone at the W3C, that when we have
a stable 0.8.x, we might be better off calling it 1.0, and calling the
experimental release series with the new features we're planning 1.1.x
instead of 0.9.x, to give the impression that *we* believe that the
final 0.8.x thing is a stable, usable product (there may be people who
could use it, but are currently scared off by a 0.x version number).

This wouldn't be a change in plans, just a change in names.
Just a thought...

rst