httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: user list
Date Wed, 16 Aug 1995 22:25:39 GMT
> I was thinking along the lines of a list of names and brief descriptions
>
> e.g.
>
>   <DT><A HREF="http://xxx.lanl.gov/">XXX e-Print Archives</A></DT>
>     <DD>International archive of electronic papers for Physics and more.</DD>
>
> rather than just,
>
>   <DT><A HREF="http://xxx.lanl.gov/">xxx.lanl.gov</A> Apache 0.8.6</DT>
>
> which I guess is what your list would report.
>

> I'm sure the lists would compliment each other rather than compete.
>
> Andy, any problem with that ?

Well, the information's free till the inevitable time comes when sys-admins
screen the HEAD output for hackable clues.  Then the survey will be useless,
cuz noone'll be able to tell who's running what.

[incidentally rob, what *is* Server: LANL/1.0 anyway ;)]

Till then anyone who has the time to burn can write the scripts and host
a survey.

I guess this Apache user's list is more of a list of the prime users, rather
than a complete'ists list like mine will turn out to be.  I don't see
these lists as competing, an I'm certain that I could do nothing about it
if they did ;)

> rob
> --
> http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/

Oh is it right?  Do all the Movie DB sites run Apache now?

Cheers,
Ay.

     Andrew Wilson	     URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 01865 843155    Mobile: +44 0589 616144