httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Publically release 0.8.9?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 1995 09:13:22 GMT
   Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 19:56:31 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>

   On Tue, 15 Aug 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
   > I'm beginning to think that we should publically release 0.8.9... it
   > doesn't solve all the known problems, but it does solve a lot of them,
   > and it looks like pausing to wait for solutions to the others won't
   > make them arrive any faster.  So, call that a ballot question... I'm
   > +1; what says the group?

   +1 - and that makes three.  There are enough bug fixes here
   that not having it out will only cause more work for apache-bugs
   readers.  Not all bugs are fixed, but we can work towards an 0.8.10
   before the end of next week, say.

   I'm installing the latest 0.8.9 on hyperreal now and will be editing the
   known_bugs pages and such - but I won't make it live for another 3-4
   hours, if anyone still wants to veto releasing this.

	   Brian

For future reference, 3-4 hours strikes me as a bit too short, given the
variance in peoples' sleep cycles --- David Robinson had a good reason
for holding off (he *does* have a handle on the hang-on-Solaris
problems), and it's not clear to me that he had a chance to review...

rst