httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: (FYI) ErrorDocument defined in .htaccess 0.8.8
Date Tue, 15 Aug 1995 16:07:33 GMT
> From owner-new-httpd@hyperreal.com Tue Aug 15 15:55:29 1995
> From: rst@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
> Andrew --- re your ErrorDocument patch, I like the idea, and I've
> saved the patch, but I'm not sure it's right for the 0.8.x series ---
> as with Florent's nontrivial changes to negotiation, it may be better
> put off to 0.9.x.  (It might be time for an early build of that soon,
> though it would be nice if at least the major problems with 0.8.x were
> cleared up first...).

Ok, whatever you think is right (voting aside ;).  I tried looking at
further generalising the use of bit-masks for OPT_ and OR_ stuff, and it
looks easiest if a line like:

	typedef long Mask;

appears in httpd.h since this is included by every interested *.c file.
I wonder if a global_types.h file would be useful for this purpose if you
don't want to put more junk into httpd.h than is needed.  The changes
are innocuous enough sure, but you may feel like there are many other
areas where a generalised and extensible Mask might be useful; in which
case I could bite the bullet and write some funky functions rather than
just relying on 'long' to provide the namespace we need.

I'll keep track of 0.8.9 and send some other patches shortly.

On another note; I'm in Chicago from Saturday to Wednesday next week.
dunno if anyone's interested in a hello and a coffee (I'll be working
hard) but feel free to check out the REED Elsevier Science exhibit at the
American Chemical Society conference - McCormick Place North.

> rst

Cheers,
Ay.

     Andrew Wilson	     URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 01865 843155    Mobile: +44 0589 616144