httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: FancyIndexing bugs..
Date Sun, 13 Aug 1995 14:00:37 GMT
   Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 18:08:13 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>

   1) With "FancyIndexing On" set, the arguments to "IndexOptions" are
   ignored.  We should set as the default in the conf files
   "IndexOptions FancyIndexing" and deprecate the "FancyIndexing"
   directive.

Hmmm... I *think* we're being bug-compatible here, but I could easily
stomach incompatbility for this particular case.

   2) "AddDescription" doesn't seem to be working when I put a line for it
   in srm.conf, and when I put it in an .htaccess file I get a

   access to /full/path/.htaccess failed for
   fully.organic.com, reason: AddDescription not allowed here

   even with every option to AllowOverride I know of to be set (Options
   FileInfo AuthConfig Limit).

You forgot "AllowOverride Indexes"; AllowOverride All sets this as
well.

rst