httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: va_start(foo,bar)
Date Sat, 12 Aug 1995 12:16:52 GMT
   Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 15:57:17 +0200
   From: "Dirk.vanGulik" <Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it>

   For some reason, I appears that on Solaris
   the include stdarg.h causes varargs.h to be
   included at the very end. The #defines in
   stdarg.h are all right, but latter include
   insists on a va_start with only (list) as
   an argument. This causes an argument mism.

Hmmm... this doesn't seem to be the case with either gcc or suncc on
the (admittedly weird) Solaris boxen to which I have access (Athena
workstations); the only complaint I get with either is that suncc
complains when you compare the output of strlen() to a literal integer
("semantics of > change with ANSI C"), something which I refuse in
principle to fix.  Admittedly, I didn't try gcc -Wall.

This behavior in the headers also introduces serious, big-time ANSI C
non-complicance --- stdarg.h is supposed to define a two-argument
va_start.

   Not that it matters :-) But it shows up
   without a -Wall.

Since you mention -Wall, I gather you're using gcc.  It's possible you
are at a site where the 'fixincludes' script broke (something that
happens uncomfortably often); if so, -I/usr/include might help.

rst