httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: mod_mime modification.
Date Wed, 09 Aug 1995 19:52:38 GMT
   Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 12:27:43 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>

   On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Florent Guillaume wrote:
   > This patch changes the MIME module, in that now the suffixes are accepted
   > in any order.  Thus you can use
   > 	index.html.en
   > 	index.gz.html.fr
   > 	etc.
   > and all of them are typed correctly.

   Can we have this as a MultiViewsFull option or something?  It's just that
   we got burned last night when we turned on multiviews on our site finally
   and all the "index.*.html" files had weird stuff happen.  We're enforcing
   discipline here on that issue now, but others might not be so disciplined
   and consider it a bug/drawback.

I have to agree --- this may be a good idea for the long term, but I
think it may be best to hold off on it for the next beta...

rst