httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: problem with nested includes?
Date Tue, 08 Aug 1995 19:29:16 GMT
   Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 18:57:38 -0400
   From: (Eric Hagberg)

   Even worse than that, previous versions evaluated the variables like
   "LAST_MODIFIED" in relation to the file that the nested #include was called
   from... and apache_0.8.8 evaluates the variable wrt the file that the
   variable evaluation is actually in.

   Now all my pages have the same last-modified date :-(

   This certainly seems to be broken behavior; correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, it's certainly not what *I* would have expected, but if it's
desirable for back-compatibility reasons, it could be obtained, at
the price of hairing up the code a bit... (tossing an

   if (r->main) r->subprocess_env = r->main->subprocess_env;

at the right spot should do most of the job, but you have to be sure
that the LAST_MODIFIED time gets reset to the correct value if the
time format changes.  I *think* that's everything...).

View raw message