httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject More .htaccess tomfoolery...(SIGSEGV BUG)
Date Tue, 08 Aug 1995 23:42:54 GMT

I just tried comparing NCSA 1.3R, Apache 0.6.5 and Apache 0.8.8
with different flavours of .htaccess file while POSTing to a
script with and without require'ments for authorization.  As before
1.3R and 0.6.5 behave the same way, but veers between success
and really bad road-kill depending on what you throw at it.

A long list of tests follows, but briefly:

A)	The .htaccess parsing code is causing a SIGSEGV when it
	gets confused by funnies in the .htaccess file.

B)	0.8.8 really is exhibiting non-NCSA behaviour which Brian's
	highlighted in his compatibility notes page on www.apache.org

Ay

--- cut here ---

1)

Apache 0.8.8

.htaccess =

<limit GET>
require user TIS
</limit>

AUTHORIZATION FAILURE [correct uid/passwd *IS* given!!]

2)

Apache 0.8.8

.htaccess =

<limit GET POST>
require user TIS
</limit>

POST ALLOWED, SCRIPT EXECUTES SUCCESSFULLY

3) --- tell me we can't have comments....

Apache 0.8.8

.htaccess =

<limit GET POST>
#require user TIS
</limit>

error_log =

[Tue Aug  8 23:07:36 1995] httpd: caught SIGSEGV, dumping core

4)

Apache 0.8.8

.htaccess =

<limit GET POST>
</limit>

error_log =

[Tue Aug  8 23:07:36 1995] httpd: caught SIGSEGV, dumping core

5)

NCSA 1.3R

.htaccess =

<limit GET POST>
require user TIS
</limit>

POST ALLOWED, SCRIPT EXECUTES SUCCESSFULLY

6)

NCSA 1.3R

.htaccess =

<limit GET POST>
#require user TIS
</limit>

POST ALLOWED, SCRIPT EXECUTES SUCCESSFULLY

7)

NCSA 1.3R

.htaccess =
<limit GET POST>
</limit>

POST ALLOWED, SCRIPT EXECUTES SUCCESSFULLY

8)

NCSA 1.3R

.htaccess =
<limit GET>
</limit>

POST ALLOWED, SCRIPT EXECUTES SUCCESSFULLY

9)

NCSA 1.3R

.htaccess =
<limit GET>
</limit>

POST ALLOWED, SCRIPT EXECUTES SUCCESSFULLY

10)

NCSA 1.3R

.htaccess =
<limit GET>
require user TIS
</limit>

POST ALLOWED, SCRIPT EXECUTES SUCCESSFULLY

11)

Apache 0.6.5

.htaccess =
<limit GET>
require user TIS
</limit>

POST ALLOWED, SCRIPT EXECUTES SUCCESSFULLY

12)

Apache 0.6.5

.htaccess =
<limit GET>
#require user TIS
</limit>

POST ALLOWED, SCRIPT EXECUTES SUCCESSFULLY

13)