httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: patch roundup...
Date Tue, 08 Aug 1995 13:31:14 GMT
WRT the Alias /foo/ problem, I'm still waiting to hear what the difference
is between my fix and yours --- in particular, whether I'm right that the
only difference seen by the end-user is that with mine, directory listings
on /foo redirect to /foo/, whereas with yours, they don't.

If you like, I suppose we can put this to a vote --- FWIW, I generally have
taken just about anything that I would not have actually vetoed in a full
vote (except for things where something has looked like it would possibly
be controversial, in which case I've tried to be sure that there were three
votes before going on --- as with the AddLanguage stuff, or, for that matter,
with my own idea of making Redirect in .htaccessfiles work; NB the latter
did not happen because judging from the reaction I got, it almost
certainly would have failed a vote on grounds of being inappropriate while
under the code freeze).

View raw message