httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: ErrorDocument control from .htaccess files...
Date Tue, 08 Aug 1995 11:57:00 GMT
   Date: Mon, 7 Aug 95 21:19:57 BST
   From: Andrew Wilson <andrew@www.elsevier.co.uk>

   [ Notes that ErrorDocument can be made to work in .htaccess files
     simply by changing the overrides mask in the core command table
     which says it isn't allowed there... ]

   1) All this is to be expected, but am I going over the top by choosing
   OR_ALL?  Could I make do with a more restrictive OR_? (there isn't one
   specific enough)

OR_ALL is going way overboard --- you're saying that if *anything* can
be overridden, then ErrorDocuments can be overriddent as well.  What's
really needed here, as you suggest, is a new AllowOverrides option,
but we're outta bits in the bit mask (0.8.x inherits eight-bit
override masks from the old code base).

rst