httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: scoreboard in /tmp
Date Tue, 08 Aug 1995 11:56:37 GMT
drtr:

[cool patch stuff deleted]

> The correct fix for the location of the scoreboard is to have
> a TmpDir directive.

Mmm, except that it isn't going to be a 'temporary' resource.  Sometime
soon we'll be writing httop, htps and other stuff that will let us
keep track of what's breaking.  If we could dispense entirely with the
need for /tmp files that would be nice.

Mmm, have you noticed that way that accidently running a new httpd
will trash the entry in logs/httpd.pid, thereby stuffing all the rotation
and sig -HUP scripts that rely on the file.

Mmm, gunna have to find a new way to start sentences.

Ay.