httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Is Apache 0.8.6 official? [Rob Hartill <hartill@lanl.gov>] (fwd)
Date Fri, 04 Aug 1995 21:29:27 GMT
  I've just confirmed this.

  Alias /Foobar /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/Announce/

  Works with for /Foobar/  but not  /Foobar

  Probably needs fixing before a release.

Rob... I have to admit I'm a bit burned out from trying to push this thing
out the door for more than a week, but, to reiterate..

1) The first release will be a BETA
2) It will inevitably have bugs

and of course,

3) We will have to fix those bugs fairly quickly --- discovering them
   so they can be fixed is the point of a beta release.

I think that if this is the worst bug present in 0.8.7 we can probably
breathe a sigh of relief, and I personally don't feel like treating it
as a showstopper.  If I get a simple, clean, and obviously correct fix
for it over the weekend, I could see spinning another micro-release
(which would probably clean up the SunOS/GNUC conf.h stuff as well, at
least a bit), however, I'm simply too burned out to produce one soon,
and I am comfortable releasing as is...

rst