httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <>
Subject Re: So, where do we stand?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 1995 09:52:26 GMT
> On Wed, 2 Aug 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > I made some changes to the top page. Check out
> > Shoot me if you don't like it.  I need to do some image cleanup in the
> > morning as I have some rather ragged edges.
> The black background is a good way to ensure that people know something
> has changed - we should have a "What's New with Apache" page as well I
> suppose.

I'm not sure I like the new colour scheme, but then I don't get bothered
by background goofiness when I use NS1.0N.

Actually, I really don't like the new colour scheme.  It looks too much like
a Megadeath T-shirt.

If you reeeely want to recolour the links (I think you just plain shouldn't,
as people grow up knowing that blue means link and purple means you've already
been there) then don't make the _already_seen_ links the same colour as the
normal text.  I find myself having to scan the cursor over all the text
looking for links.

Hey I come from COMMA.  Blood gets spilled every time someone tries to
change the homepage there.

Naaah, it just looks cheesy.

Ay (going for the 'love me' vote)

     Andrew Wilson	     URL:
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 01865 843155    Mobile: +44 0589 616144

View raw message