httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Re: my scoreboard file is world writeable
Date Wed, 02 Aug 1995 20:26:04 GMT
> Messing with the scoreboard file can result in a very confused server,
> but I can't see how it would result in a security breach (it doesn't
> affect anything about how the actual server processes do I/O)...

Is it possible to convince the parent process that it should fork more
servers and hence promote a fork bomb attack?  I guess not if there's
no way for anyone to write to the scoreboard.

> rst

Cheers,
Ay.

     Andrew Wilson	     URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 01865 843155    Mobile: +44 0589 616144