httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Fielding <>
Subject Re: Votes for 0.8.12...
Date Wed, 30 Aug 1995 21:54:17 GMT

+1 patch11.htaccess-first --- Lets .htaccess override <Directory> in
   access control, etc. [David Robinson]

I tested this thoroughly, but it made no difference on my system
since I don't have any brain-damaged access configurations.  This
is only a bug fix in that it retains compatibility with NCSA.

 0 patch11.imap_point --- add "point" directive to imagemap module [James

I would vote +1 on this, but I don't have Imaps on my server.
However, I disagreee with David in that this is more a bug fix
then was the patch11.htaccess-first, since this retains compatibility
for people with non-broken configurations.

+1 patch11.include-opt --- properly honor Options Includes (or more
   accurately, properly honor turning it off). [David Robinson]

+1 patch11.include-text --- Make IncludesNoExec work properly, by being
   willing to include at least text/*.  [Roy Fielding]

-1 --- Delete BSD #define from conf.h everyplace; also
   cures the bsdi-longsz problem above.  [ Randy Terbush ]

Does not work as advertized.

 0 on the rest, since our planning meetings here prevented any
   further testing on my part.

View raw message