httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Vote change...
Date Wed, 30 Aug 1995 21:37:11 GMT

> I agree with rst on this one.
>
>     -1 on all patch11.no-bsd-conf variations, period.
>
> The patch, as supplied for vote, does not work.  Later patches
> are irrelevant to this process.  And, while we're on the subject ...
>
>     -1 for changing the rules on voting in mid-vote, just
>        because your bug seems more important than others,
>        with the singular exception for patches that fix
>        known security holes.

In case this is directed at me, it was RST that indicated that he
would accept revision to existing patches. I and others have done
what we can to make it work for this release.

This is a showstopper compile fix. Vetoing this patch based  on
"the rules" is childish. It's likely that a collection of patches
this large will have conflicts. It is the job of the release
engineer to work through those conflicts.

I have offered what I think are reasonable arguments to the
decision, and have offered to do the release if that would help.

I have been answered by two members with "put a cork in it" and
"no that's the rules".

Isn't the period we're in (in the vote) for debating the outcome?