httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: Vote change...
Date Wed, 30 Aug 1995 17:27:10 GMT

> So, with all that, I'm vetoing it *for this round*.  Hopefully,
> sometime soon, there will be a version of this thing which has
> consensus support from among the interested parties, and at that time,
> of course, I won't block it...

Trouble is,  I think this all got raised because the old code read

#if defined(__NetBSD__) || defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__bsdi__)
                sprintf(tag,"%qd",finfo.st_size);
#else
                sprintf(tag,"%ld",finfo.st_size);
#endif

and older versions of BSDI don't use quad so it fails to compile. This
is too serious a bug to let pass. It has to at least compile on all
supported platforms and BSDI is certainly a supported platform.

Anyway, I think my patch this morning together with the change to conf.h
fixes it finally.

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul