httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: Patches for 0.8.8 to 0.8.11 (fwd) {cosmetic}
Date Tue, 29 Aug 1995 19:24:02 GMT

> There are more problems to be uncovered here. A default Solaris install
> leaves you needing to get both uname -n & domainname output to get a fully
> qualified hostname. Same results with UnixWare. NetBSD and BSDI give you a
> fully qualified hostname from uname -n. SVR4. Feh.

Umm, domainname returns the the NIS domain and not the internet
domain name. There's something wrong with Solaris and/or your configuration
if that's the case. Apache will never use domainname to get a FQDN, it's
just not the same thing.

Of course, if Sun have totally screwed this up with Solaris I wouldn't
be surprised :-)

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul