httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: 0.8.11 *not* publically released for the moment...
Date Tue, 29 Aug 1995 13:07:20 GMT

> [I'm still in Mail-hell, don't expect any of this to sync up with current
> threads].

How's that going ?

> FreeBSD have included Apache 0.8.11 in their /ports/ collection.  Which means:
>
> a)	It's going to be bundled with the FreeBSD software releases on-line and
> 	on CD-ROM
> b)	Someone is going to be making sure that it's kept in sync with changes
> 	we make by our own team.
> c)	Perhaps we should indicate to Free that it's too early to take this
> 	software on board?

I'd rather it not have being imported yet but that's life, FreeBSD porters
are very keen :-)

I think perhaps you should put something in the License (or better
yet somewhere else because you'll forget to remove it) that says the
beta releases should not be bundled or widely distributed, if that's
what you want.

It's a bit late to remove it from our ports collection now, I'll keep an
eye on things and make sure it's kept reasonably up to date.

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul