httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: 0.8.11 *not* publically released for the moment...
Date Thu, 24 Aug 1995 17:43:35 GMT

> >That's what I needed to hear --- I moved it into apache/dist, and updated
> >the release number on the main page.  I'll do my best to update the "known
> >bugs" page this evening (EDT), assuming Real Work doesn't keep me busy till
> >midnight, and someone else hasn't got to it first.
>
> Sigh; I just wish we weren't releasing such buggy software so frequently.

Well, they're not really releases, they're more like developers
snapshots, which you'd expect to be buggy. It is perhaps time to
come up with a more thought out development process, things are
moving pretty quickly in terms of code changes and growing user
base and it's better to get something done now than when you really
need it :-)

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul