httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Fielding <field...@beach.w3.org>
Subject more on config cleanup patch
Date Wed, 23 Aug 1995 18:31:43 GMT
Okay, I should have included more info in the patch.  Let's see

+ AddIconByEncoding (CMP,/icons/compressed.gif) x-compress x-gzip
+ AddIconByType (VID,/icons/movie.gif) video/*
+ AddIcon /icons/text.gif .ps .shtml

These three are obvious -- the default config file should include
the default features to whatever extent is known by the distributors
(i.e., us).  Those are the correct defaults given the current code.

Changing

! AddIcon /icons/tar.gif .tar.gz  .tar.Z
! AddIcon /icons/compressed.gif .gz .Z

! AddIcon /icons/tar.gif .tar  .tar

is a bug fix, pure and simple.

! DefaultIcon /icons/unknown.gif

is a bug fix, pure and simple.

! IndexIgnore */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */RCS

adds RCS to the list of default names to ignore.

! AddEncoding x-compress Z
! AddEncoding x-gzip gz

sets as default what we all know should always be the
default for HTTP/1.0.