httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: SLOOOOOOW CGI includes in Apache?
Date Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:19:51 GMT

> I haven't seen this with the scripts in my includes test page, but I
> tried the code the guy sent, and sure 'nuff, I *do* see it with /cgi-bin/date.
> There's something fishy going on here...

I think I've seen someone report a similar problem with 0.6.x

It could be that the Apache is to quick :-)  it's sending a SIGTERM
to the process before it has had a chance to shutdown on its own,
so

      /* Subprocess may be dead already.  Only need the timeout if not. */
      if (kill (p->pid, SIGTERM) != -1)
        need_timeout = 1;

will always have kill return 0 (if Apache is too quick), and we
then need a sleep.

When I commented out the sleep(3), my CGI include worked promptly. With
the sleep(3) I see the same delay.

rob