httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: user list
Date Wed, 16 Aug 1995 15:16:59 GMT

> > > Let the folks ask to be added of course.
> >
> > Sounds good to me!  Who wants to volunteer to maintain it?
>
> D00ds, before you all bust a gut.  I've been working on a "Who's using

> Incidentally your list is going to be rather large, well in excess of 600.

I bet <10% of the server maintainers will *ask* to be on the list.

I was thinking along the lines of a list of names and brief descriptions

e.g.

  <DT><A HREF="http://xxx.lanl.gov/">XXX e-Print Archives</A></DT>
    <DD>International archive of electronic papers for Physics and more.</DD>

rather than just,

  <DT><A HREF="http://xxx.lanl.gov/">xxx.lanl.gov</A> Apache 0.8.6</DT>

which I guess is what your list would report.

I'm sure the lists would compliment each other rather than compete.

Andy, any problem with that ?

rob
--
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/