httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: compatibility non-problem
Date Wed, 16 Aug 1995 09:53:08 GMT

> Hmmm... If I remember right, the special-case treatment of '.' that bugged
> you was for AddType and AddEncoding;

Yup, and I still think that a '.' should be taken literally. That
way one could choose between .gif and -gif extensions for example.

Does the following look reasonable ?

gif   matches with fred.gif            ^[a-zA-Z0-9]   ->  add a "."
.gif               fred.gif
..gif              fred..gif
-gif               fred-gif

> the code which does it is in the
> handlers for those commands, and should not in any way be interfering with
> DirectoryIndex.

I haven't looked so I could be guilty of pointing a finger at the
wrong bit of code. The bug is still there though :-)

> Of course it's entirely possible that something else is
> causing problems...

My friend also tried  ".index.html" which should work because of the
""s.   The ""s should be read as use all of the contents.

--
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/