httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: changes to mod_cookies.c
Date Sun, 13 Aug 1995 01:00:23 GMT
>   Why did IRIX have a problem with sys/time.h being in mod_cookies.c?
>   Removing this breaks it for everything else I have encountered.
>
> FWIW, the offending #include line was for <sys/timeb.h>, which simply
> does not exist on a lot of systems.  I gather that this #includes
> <sys/time.h>, which is all that's really needed after Cliff's other
> portability fixes, which is why the earlier-0.8.9 code worked.
> However, it seems pretty clear that just replacing it with
>
> #include <sys/time.h>
>
> would have been a better bet...
>
> Sigh...
>
> rst

Ahhhh. Ok. That makes sense.

FWIW - I have been running the 0.8.9 for most of today on my
main site.  Seems to work fine with exception of the <sys/time.h>
problem in mod_cookies.  What's the status on releasing this
version?  I'd be happy to make the change to mod_cookies.c
and re-roll it before placing it on hyperreal if you would like.