httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: setrlimit() before forking?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 1995 13:41:22 GMT
Brian Tao liltingly intones:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Chuck Murcko wrote:
> >
> > One additional nit: BSDI 2.0's [get|set]rlimit are broken. I have to use the
> > old getdtablesize() to find out a valid # of descriptors.
>
>     Blah... does this affect only RLIMIT_NOFILE, or all resource types
> (since you mentioned getdtablesize() to find the number of file
> descriptors)?

Hmmm. Don't know yet; I'll have to write up a tester and see just what it
DOES return that's valid. So far, I've managed to just avoid using it, but
that can't last.

> > No word of fixes yet from BSDI; perhaps it's time to put in the FreeBSD
> > versions here. 8^)
>
>     You mean some people still run their servers on BSD/OS instead of
> FreeBSD?  Shocking.  ;-)  Check out http://aries.ibms.sinica.edu.tw/
> and look at the bottom of the page.  :)

Sad to say, some management still equates $$$ spent with quality.

I'll be way out of town for a week. Be seeing you.

chuck
Chuck Murcko	Telebase Systems, Inc.	Wayne PA	chuck@telebase.com
And now, on a lighter note:
Fuch's Warning:
	If you actually look like your passport photo, you aren't well
enough to travel.