httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Fielding <field...@beach.w3.org>
Subject Re: for the wish list...
Date Thu, 10 Aug 1995 19:02:44 GMT
>e.g. I might want to send
>
>Link: <mailto: www-admin@xxx.lanl.gov>; rel="Publisher"
>
>etc,  okay silly eample.

uh, yeah.

>so that people who use HEAD to nose around other people's sites get
>some useful information.
>
>Roy doesn't have a problem with this idea, or at least not with the
>"Link:" type of response.

Yeah, the latter.  The other crud^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H example
is better as represented as

Link: </siteinfo.html>; rel="Publisher";
      title="Los Alamos e-Print Archives, Los Alamos, New Mexico, USA"
URI: <http://ooo.lanl.gov/rocket_science.html>,<http://babbage.sissa.it/>

In theory, any header is okay, but we might as well use the
established forms for relationships and mirrors.

.....Roy