httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 0.8.8 getting a workout on www.jaguNET.com
Date Thu, 10 Aug 1995 18:26:58 GMT
Rob Hartill writes:

> > Just to let everyone know, we started getting some pretty heavy hits
> > this am (around 10:00, eastern). We had been running NCSA 1.5b2 but
> > it started behaving quite strangly and we had to kill it.
> >
> > We installed NCSA 1.4.2 and it was working fine, but we figured now would
> > be a good time to give Apache 0.8.8 (for A/UX) the acid test, so we're
> > running that now...
> >

> As a statistics junky, can you please elaborate on "heavy hits".

Since ~10:00am this morning, we've had > 15k "hits" (as defined by
simple GETs). This runs at about 55hits/minute (if my math is right).

> BTW, your animated logo is a real pain in the ass when using BACK and
> FORWARD.

I'm not happy with it, but people _insist_ on having some Netscapeisms
on our HomePage... (It's only active when the browser is Netscape)
--
Jim Jagielski  << jim@jaguNET.com >>   | "Stwike him Centuwian, vewy woughwy!"
  **  jaguNET Access Services  **      |                - Pontius Piwate