httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: We're pointed at by Netscape!
Date Wed, 09 Aug 1995 09:28:37 GMT

>     I did notice that I could only get 25 servers running, even though
> MaxClients was set to 150... I'll try it again with the latest code
> and get some more conclusive numbers.
> --
> Brian ("Though this be madness, yet there is method in't") Tao

Only 25 ?, that's good if you're hitting it from local machines. You've
probably hit the hardware/OS limit on the client and or server side...
it just doesn't have bandwidth for any more.

My HP, when hit from a nearby machine seems to stop at ~14 requests/s,
but that was with a very crude system where the client machine spawned
multiple perl scripts to send requests (and its load rocketed past 30), the
server load stays <0.5.

A better test is to hit the server from multiple local sites (external ones
could be considered abuse of the network)... then again, you might be
doing that already ;-)

rob