httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cl...@organic.com>
Subject hmm, actually the bug was a multiview bug....
Date Wed, 09 Aug 1995 10:02:30 GMT
seems that in:

mod_negotiation.c:read_types_multi()

the following lines are problematic....

        /* Do we have a match? */

        if (strncmp (dir_entry->d_name, filp, prefix_len)) continue;
        if (dir_entry->d_name[prefix_len] != '.') continue;

if we didn't have language negotiation, then we would be saved since
we could get the dir_entry, strip off the ".*" and compare with
filp.  "index.old" != "index" so we would be safe.
This is not the case since index.html.en and index.html.fr are allowed
and "index.html" != "index", arg.

perhaps we should have index.html-en and index.html-fr or
something like that since there is now a problem trying to
figure out what to do.  Perhaps it is too late.

BUG

Cliff