httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (David Robinson)
Subject Re: Stuff for 0.8.3...
Date Tue, 25 Jul 1995 15:33:00 GMT
>  *) Only call no2slash() after get_path_info() has been done, to
>     preserve multiple slashes in the PATH_INFO [NCSA compatibility,
>     reported by Andrew Wilson, though this one is probably a real bug]

I don't see why a web server should ever merge multiple slashes, even
in the unix path. If it doesn't like the path, it should reject the
request, rather than munging it.

I can't imagine anyone relying on this behaviour, namely that

give the same result, whereas I have seen at least one complaint in the
newsgroup that allowing the latter form means that relative links cannot be
guaranteed to work.

Apache should fault the latter, and I think this is best done in

View raw message