httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark J Cox <M.J....@bradford.ac.uk>
Subject Re: 2 bugs in 0.8.1
Date Fri, 21 Jul 1995 09:44:03 GMT
> A problem, but a separate problem --- "lots of spaces" could actually
> be legit (if not with the standard auth modules, then certainly with
> someone's custom job).  This is a bug with the CLF spec itself, I'm
> afraid.

Wasn't someone here writing a custom logger back in the Apache 0.6 days?
Give a field for everything that could possibly be logged and then let people
keep it as CLR of fiddle

XferLogFormat "%h %i %a [%d] \"%o\" %r %b"

Then you could add in Agent,Referer,Cookie and whatever else headers in too
%x[Referer:] or something.  Plus you could log the file actually sent (often
different to the URL sent).

Rather than having different modules to handle Referer, CLF and Agent, have
an arbitary number of logs

AddXferLog logs/access_log "%h %i %a [%d] \"%o\" %r %b"
AddXferLog logs/agent_log "%x[Agent:]"
AddXferLog logs/referer_log "%x[Referer:]"

(It would be better with more meaningful codes, %authname; instead of %a...)

Mark
Mark J Cox,  mark@telescope.org -- URL:http://www.telescope.org/mark.html
University of Bradford, England ---------- tel +44.1274.384070/fax 391333