httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Gray <mkg...@Netgen.COM>
Subject Re: Things I'd like before first ship...
Date Tue, 11 Jul 1995 00:35:49 GMT
> *) An optional module which emulated the NCSA 1.4.x UserAgentLog and
>    RefererLog.  Yeah, you don't want them, I don't want them, but I
>    *do* want people to be able to drop us in in place of NCSA.

Done.  Mostly this involved copying mod_common_log.c and search and
replacing 'common' for either 'agent' or 'referer'. :-)  If I get around
to it maybe I'll do a more generic logger to supplant/emulate all three.
It's in two seperate modules, available at
http://www.netgen.com/~mkgray/apache

> *) More cross-platform testing.  Right now, I know of people who have
>    run the server and reported bugs on the following platforms:
>    SunOS, Linux, HP-UX, NetBSD, BSDI.  I know of someone who's trying
>    Solaris, but no reports of how well it works yet.  I'd like to know
>    that it's working OK on those systems; also, would it be possible
>    for someone to try, say, IRIX?

I am primarily running on Linux, but may try it on Solaris or IRIX if I
get a chance, as well as likely trying OSF/1^H^H^H^H^HDigital Unix.

						...Mkgray