httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Gray <mkg...@netgen.com>
Subject Re: Shambhala Modules Musings [network wizard advice sought at bottom]
Date Fri, 07 Jul 1995 02:46:52 GMT
> What's more of a concern is the portability of the threading interface
> itself.  I know there are some PD threads libraries which are at least
> *supposed* to be moderately portable, but I admit that I need to
> investigate the matter further.

Chris Provenzano has a very good POSIX Threads package called pthreads
which is available at ftp://sipb.mit.edu/pub/pthreads

It has been ported to: Solaris, SunOS, Ultrix, Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD, BSDI,
OSF/1 [for the alpha] (Digital Unix), and HPUX.  He is currently working
on an IRIX port.

Matthew Gray --------------------------------- voice: (617) 577-9800
net.Genesis                                      fax: (617) 577-9850
56 Rogers St.                                      mkgray@netgen.com
Cambridge, MA 02142-1119 ------------- http://www.netgen.com/~mkgray