httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Apache 0.8.4
Date Sat, 29 Jul 1995 04:10:43 GMT
Hi... me again.

I just found and downloaded Apache 0.8.4, and installed it... looks good.
Seems to work. However, I do have a few comments on the -dist conf files:

First, I noticed that although the new entries I made are there, you
didn't use my new header text for the three files... I worked long and
hard hours on those words... and you had the _indecency_ to override them
for what you had back in 0.8.3. *sniff* But that's all right, because I'm
good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me. :)

Ok, next, some errors that I made in revising them (you people should
know better than to trust me):

In httpd.conf, I meant "also", not "alto". I think.

In srm.conf, somehow the description for AddType got placed before
AddEncoding, not before the AddType entries like you would imagine.
Informal studies show this was present in 0.8.2 as well, before I came
along, so I feel a bit better. Should be fixed, though.

However, I did forget the extension for the httpd/send-as-is (which I
still think should be message/rfc822) line. So change that to "#AddType
httpd/send-asis asis" or something please.

Thanks.