httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: Stuff for 0.8.3...
Date Wed, 26 Jul 1995 05:06:50 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:

>   *) Upgraded imagemap script in cgi-bin to 1.8 version from more
>      recent NCSA distributions.

Hi. Me again. One note: in order to make this work, you need to remove
the util.o references from the imagemap: line in the cgi-src Makefile.
Version 1.8 has the required util functions built-in to the source.

>   *) Lightly edited sample config files to refer people to our documentation
>      instead of NCSA's, and to list Rob McCool as *original* author (also
>      deleted his old, and no doubt non-functional email address).  Would be
>      nice to have examples of new features...

Since this was my idea, I decided to put my foot where my mouth was and
edit the conf files to put in examples of new features. The revised files
are at http://www.nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us/~akosut/conf.tar, and contain
examples of the following directives:

AddLanguage
BindAddress
CacheNegotiatedDocs
VirtualHost
XBitHack

I also updated the DirectoryIndex entry, and added commented-out AddType
entries for httpd/send-as-is (BTW, isn't this really just message/rfc822,
in disguise?) and application/x-httpd-imap. Plus I re-edited the copy at
the top of the files to make a bit more sense.

Also, I added some AddLanguage entries. I looked at RFC 1766, which is the
document that describes the Content-Language header, and it referenced a
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/languages/, which supposedly
defines languages. However, this directory does not appear to exist. So,
not having ISO 639 (which RFC 1766 also references) handy, I used the
examples given in the RFC itself to define a couple of AddLanguage
lines. Hopefully I did that correctly.

Anyhow, think that's it. Hope someone likes my new configuration files.
Or not. Whatever.

Thanks!