httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com>
Subject Feature re-request for imagemap [Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>] (fwd)
Date Wed, 12 Jul 1995 03:55:32 GMT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
Subject: Feature re-request for imagemap
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 14:15:30 -0400
From: Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>

I know this seems unrelated, but I was just asked a related question
in personal mail.

The original imagemap design (by Tony Sanders) called for an HTML
menu to be produced if the imagemapped URL was requested with no
query info.  This was intended to allow text-only clients (and,
in my case, spiders) to see the possible destinations of an ISMAP.
Unfortunately, the version written for NCSA httpd ignored that.

Would it be possible to implement that in Apache's imagemap?  (Brian?)
I'd do it myself, but I won't have time for it until September (*sigh*).

 ....Roy T. Fielding  Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA
                      Visiting Scholar, MIT/LCS + World-Wide Web Consortium
                      (fielding@w3.org)                (fielding@ics.uci.edu)