httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Possible work this weekend...
Date Fri, 07 Jul 1995 18:53:11 GMT
On Fri, 7 Jul 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> I can't promise I'll get to all these, and I certainly can't promise
> they'll all work, but that's the plan.  Any comments?  [I probably
> won't start till Saturday noon, and whatever looks like the worst idea
> can probably be put off...].

My only comment is: we've gone a long time without a public release, and lots
of people are looking into using Apache as a base for more advanced
programming, so the modular core couldn't be more well timed.  I suggest
we make sure what we have is solid, and that the module API is stable.
Your proposed changes all seem fine, and if a code freeze on the API is
in effect this weekend, we can all hammer the hell out of it early next
week, with a target announcement date of next Thursday?  At that point
we'd restart the bugs patch db, put the new version on hyperreal, post to
the newsgroups and mailing lists about it, and make the API public.  How
does that sound?

	Brian