httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Relative URLs with imagemap
Date Sun, 02 Jul 1995 23:56:20 GMT
On Sun, 2 Jul 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
>    Apparently can't be done with the current imagemap program. The
>    behavior I described as a bug in Shambhala exists in 0.6.5 as
>    well.  It looks like imagemap does not grok a map file containing
>    a URL without leading slash.
>
> Correct.  Known problem, which could be fixed by fixing the imagemap
> program.  (It would have to take PATH_INFO as the URI of the map
> itself, interpreting relative URIs in the map file itself as relative
> to that, and concocting the full local URI itself; eminently doable).

And done :)  Here is my "imagemap2", which allows

1) relative URL's in the mapfile
2) is invoked as a shell in a map file marked executable, rather
than directly by the web server.

Check out the other attachment, a sample .map file which you would find
at http://www.volvocars.com/Dealers/.  I'm sure the code could use some
cleaning - it would be a good test of how easy it is to plug CGI
functionality in as a module.  I'm under the gun for a couple of projects
here so I can't devote time anytime soon to this, but there it is.

Rob, you should turn that module spec into a web page on apache.org, even
if it's not linked in anywhere....

	Brian