httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wilson <and...@www.elsevier.co.uk>
Subject Freeze new features
Date Wed, 26 Jul 1995 21:00:52 GMT

I'm +1 for their being no more enhancements till after the 0.8.+ release.
We should be spending this week or so, squishing bugs with a view to making
something that really is bomb-proof and which doesn't encourage too
much bad-practice in the user-base (man).

After 0.8's settled in we could perhaps look at the whole issue of back
compatibility and how best to manage it.  Perhaps our time would be better
spend on educating people in the 'need' to upgrade, and in making *that*
task easier [perl scripts to munge bad .conf files and produce stuff
Apache 0.8's happy with, docs to help people figure how to use the beast
for their specific sw/hw/usage], rather than by bloating the server (or
rst's aching brain) with kludges.

Cheers,
Ay.

     Andrew Wilson	     URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford   Office: +44 01865 843155    Mobile: +44 0589 616144