httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Can't set ServerRoot; apache 0.8.3
Date Wed, 26 Jul 1995 13:38:00 GMT
David --- if you have a config file which works with prior releases, and
fails with 0.8.x, I'd like to see it.  Regardless, I have trouble buying
your diagnosis of the problem (whatever it is) for two reasons:

1) My main server configuration uses a ServerRoot set in the config files
   (I start it with '-f', not '-d'), and there are no srm.conf or access.conf
   files anywhere *near* /usr/local/etc.

2) The current code already does store relative pathnames in the relevant
   server_rec slots, as you "suggest", if relative pathnames are given in
   httpd.conf.  This is *trivial* to verify with gdb.

Could you please say more specifically what the problem is?

rst