httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: SSI handlers
Date Tue, 11 Jul 1995 10:04:33 GMT
   Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 18:38:59 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>

   What's the best way to configure things such that accesses to a particular
   sub-path are acted upon internally differently?  I.e., if I write a
   system where all the URL's sit under

   http://host/program/arg1/arg2?arg3

   (etc etc), is there a way I can write a module to handle that?  I.e.

   http://host/music-database/artist/autechre
   http://host/music-database/label/warp
   http://host/music-database/search-for?Richard%20H%20Kirk

   etc..... where "music-database" is a module?

Look at how ScriptAlias works, in mod_cgi.c; you could do the same
thing with a "database-access" magic type of your own invention,
instead of the CGI_MAGIC_TYPE.  This would cause your own response
handler (presumably in the same module) to be invoked when that phase
rolls around.

It isn't pretty, but it does the job.

rst