httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Things I'd like before first ship...
Date Mon, 10 Jul 1995 10:52:29 GMT
A few things I really would like to see before first release, if
anyone has a little free time (ha!):

*) A configuration script which allows people to pick and choose
   optional modules.  (This would have to rewrite modules.c, which is
   trivial --- basically, two copies of the list of configured modules
   in slightly different formats.  It would also have to arrange for
   the right set of mod_*.o files to be built by the Makefile; that
   would be somewhat easier if we can count on any reasonable make to
   support the same sort of 'include' directive, but BSDI appears to
   insist on being the odd man out *again*, so it looks like rewriting
   the Makefile is the only way for it to work.  Shell and awk are
   probably the tools of choice --- *old* awk).

*) An optional module which emulated the NCSA 1.4.x UserAgentLog and
   RefererLog.  Yeah, you don't want them, I don't want them, but I
   *do* want people to be able to drop us in in place of NCSA.

*) More cross-platform testing.  Right now, I know of people who have
   run the server and reported bugs on the following platforms:
   SunOS, Linux, HP-UX, NetBSD, BSDI.  I know of someone who's trying
   Solaris, but no reports of how well it works yet.  I'd like to know
   that it's working OK on those systems; also, would it be possible
   for someone to try, say, IRIX?

Oh, well.  On to Real Work.

rst