httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Possible work this weekend...
Date Fri, 07 Jul 1995 15:13:11 GMT
   Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 11:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Brian Behlendorf <>

   My only comment is: we've gone a long time without a public
   release, and lots of people are looking into using Apache as a base
   for more advanced programming, so the modular core couldn't be more
   well timed.  I suggest we make sure what we have is solid, and that
   the module API is stable.

OK, last call for the first release....

   Your proposed changes all seem fine, and
   if a code freeze on the API is in effect this weekend, we can all
   hammer the hell out of it early next week, with a target
   announcement date of next Thursday?

Hmmm..... there are two things I'd like to see for a public release
--- a little more cross-platform testing (so far, we have SunOS, BSDi,
NetBSD, FreeBSD, what else?), and some sort of config script, however
crude, which would rewrite the Makefile and modules.c as appropriate
to allow people to slot in and take out optional modules.  If that's
all in place, and if I get all the work done this weekend, the
schedule sounds doable...

View raw message