httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Shambhala
Date Sun, 02 Jul 1995 12:52:30 GMT
   Cc: rst@ai.mit.edu
   Date: Sat, 01 Jul 1995 14:14:55 -0500
   From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>

   Imagemaps that are <!--#included> in a page which have map entries
   referencing relative files to the directory containing the page fail
   to find the referenced URL because the current working directory
   becomes that of the 'imagemap' program.

Sorry --- maybe I'm being thickheaded about this, but I'm still not
quite sure what's going on here.  When you say "the referenced URL",
I'm not sure who's referring to it (specifically, whether it's the URL
in the map itself, or something else).  Also, it isn't quite clear how
you determined that the CWD setting is the problem.  (Only the CGI
child running the imagemap script ought to have CWD set to the
directory containing 'imagemap' --- which is something the old NCSA
code did as well --- if the server isn't properly handling local
redirects served up by the 'imagemap' script, the problem may be
something else).

rst