httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Redirect in .htaccess files?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 1995 14:54:17 GMT

> As far as I can tell, my proposed changes, which were to create a
> separate StartServers parameter, rename the current StartServers to MinFree,
> and provide MaxFreeServers as an alternate and preferred name for MaxServers,
> eliminate the confusion which you keep griping about.

I've been suggesting a subset of this.

 - create a separate StartServers parameter
      I don't think it's needed, but if it is, it could just
      refer the user to info on setting the replacement variables.

      If you want to do something more sophistacted with it, fine, but
      that'd break the freeze.

 - rename the current StartServers to MinFre
      I don't think 'MinFree' describes it correctly, but it's better
      than what we have. The CHANGES file suggests the meaning is the
      number of servers that the parent tries to keep in a ready to accept
      state, so 'ServersKeptReady' seems more intuitive.

 - provide MaxFreeServers as an alternate and preferred name for MaxServers
      That's better, but the "Free" can be misinterpreted. 'ServerPoolSize'
      doesn't mention a min/max or any kind of process state.

If anyone has better names, fine.

rob