httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: namelookups and databases
Date Wed, 26 Jul 1995 06:58:11 GMT
Last time, Randy Terbush uttered the following other thing:

> > What exactly are you doing with the data ?
>
> I am wanting to create an accounting system that can be easily
> queried for bytes transfered, with specifics for servername and
> URL. I am also wanting to accomplish a more space efficient way
> of storying this data. I can't even imagine what a site that is
> getting 100,000 requests per day let alone 500,000 is doing with
> this data.  Log to /dev/null?

Well, I'm not sure how many www.ncsa is doing now, but this is what
some professors here at the UofI have been doing with the data
(all access logs are available to research institutions which can
handle it)  Isn't mass store grand?

http://www-pablo.cs.uiuc.edu/Papers/WWW.ps.Z

And, for virtual reality stills from the CAVE:

http://www-pablo.cs.uiuc.edu/Projects/Mosaic/mosaic.html

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux '95.	It's that Easy.